Hammer to Shape, Mouth Open
An open call to Arts University Plymouth Students - Brief by Conway and Young
Arts University Plymouth students are invited to make an artwork in the form of an image, icon, glyph, sigil or symbol of mouths and hammers to be exhibited on the MIRROR website.
To participate students need to follow a brief set by graphic designers, artists and educators Conway & Young.
Those whose artworks are selected will receive a £100 voucher and their artwork will be exhibited on MIRROR’s website for a number of months.
How to apply:
Please send the following content to Hannah Rose and Elaine Sinclair at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 30th April 2023:
1. Your name, contact details, course programme and year of study
2. Your finished artwork following the ‘Icon Image Specifications’ guide outlined in the brief
3. A still of your finished artwork following the ‘Further Specifications’ information outlined in the brief
4. 50-100 words describing the ideas behind your artwork
Selection Process & Panel:
The selection panel will meet in early May to review the submissions with the selected students artworks being selected by mid May 2023.
The selection panel will consist of: Hannah Rose (Curator, MIRROR), Elaine Sinclair (Assistant Curator, MIRROR) and Stephen Felmingham (Academic Dean).
They will be looking for:
- innovative & creative responses to the brief
- quality of execution
- a design that will work well on the MIRROR website